Fundamental of Production Planing Control
Highlights of the book
Product details of Fundamentals Of Production Planning And Control 1St Edition
Author: Stephen N. Chapman
- Concepts progress in level of difficulty. Starting with the basics and incrementally progressing in level of difficulty to build student confidence.
- Business Environment context showcases when and why certain techniques are used in business.
- Unique Inventory Management Chapter focuses on traditional models and includes inventory functions and inventory control.
- Coverage of Lean Production and the Theory of Constraints is presented in a more conceptually oriented fashion versus heavy tools approach thus simplifying the concepts for students.
- Overview of Planning and Control
- Forecasting Fundamentals
- Sales and Operations Planning
- The Master Schedule
- Inventory Management
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Management
- Production Activity Control
- Lean Production and JIT
- Theory of Constraints and Drum-Buffer-Rope
- "Partnering" Activities- Purchasing and Distribution
- System Integration and Implementation
This exciting new text takes a concise, practical, survey approach. It surveys the fundamental principles of planning and control to give students the breadth of knowledge they need without excessive depth and detail. This excellent resource is written by an established authority on supply chain management and production and inventory control.